Sanjay Shinde from Kohlapur, Maharashtra, was working as a chef in restaurants before moving to Bangalore & setting up the Bhavani Maharashtra Vada Pav. This outlet, established in 2013, serves among the most authentic Maharashtrian street food in Bangalore. In fact, it is among the very few joints in Bangalore that serves Misal Pav, a very popular Maharastrian dish of lentils served with bhujia and onions, and eaten with pav. His poha, vada pav, pav bhaji and bread pakoda are also hugely popular among college students, working professionals & even the occasional actors and directors, as he tells us. Sanjay, hopes to introduce more outlets in Malleshwaram, RT Nagar & Sanjaynagar very soon.
- One of the few places in Bangalore serving Misal Pav
- Special Vada Pav and Special Bread Pakoda are must-try items on the menu
- Can get very crowded during the evenings
- The staff is cordial. They attend to customers promptly.
- There are plans to introduce Dabeli shortly